cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Using BT Fibre FTTP with UniFi Security Gateway (USG) 3P (without BT Smart Hub)

Go to solution

If you want voice you will need to keep using the hub unfortunately, it acts as a DECT base station.

Message 12 of 26

Re: Using BT Fibre FTTP with UniFi Security Gateway (USG) 3P (without BT Smart Hub)

Go to solution

it tried using my own router on F900 but BT can not see the connection if there are any issues on the fibre, so ive connected my own wifi 6 router to the hub and switched off the bt wifi and firewall.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Hey! I wonder if you (or anyone else) can help me!

I just signed up for the 300 meg service, but I am struggling to get the USG handshaking with the Openreach Modem (ONT).

I have plugged the ONT into WAN1 port, and I have then edited my WAN settings to a connection type of "PPPoE" and provided a username of "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" with a password of "BT". VLAN is disabled, and I haven't set DNS servers.

When provisioning, the USG is stuck on "Getting Ready" - has been stuck there for 30 minutes and there is no internet access.

What have I done wrong?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

I'm looking to make this switch but BT have moved us over to Digital Voice. I don't use the hub as a DECT unit but plug my own DECT unit into the dedicated phone port on the back of the HUB. Would the dedicated VOIP connection work for this or am I stuck with my BT hub?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

If you wish to continue using DV, you will need to use the BT hub

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

It's not so much want to and more have no choice.

can I run the USG after the hub?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

The hub doesn't have a bridge mode, but if you search through the forum there are various ways to configure both devices to keep the hub in circuit.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
Cheers I'll do some digging.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

@DiavelDes  From a post on the Phones board

• Unplugged my 3rd party router from the ONT (left everything running)
  • I fired up the SM2, connected it to my ONT, waited for it to connect and then connected to it wirelessly with my laptop
  • I changed the IP address to 172.16.0.1
  • Changed my laptop to have a manual static IP address of 172.16.0.10
  • Disconnected and reconnected my laptop to the hub
  • Switched off the firewall
  • Switched off smart setup
  • Switched off UPnP
  • Switched off DHCP
  • Switched on the DMZ and selected my laptop (172.16.0.10)
  • Created a port forwarding rule for ports 1 to 65535 for TCP/UDP to 172.16.0.10
  • Changed my laptop back to obtaining its IP address via DHCP
  • Connected it to my 3rd party router wirelessly
  • Changed my 3rd party router to have a static IP address of 172.16.0.10 (rather than PPPoE) 
  • Changed the gateway to 172.16.0.1
  • Changed the DNS to  1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (Google)
  • Plugged the WAN cable from the third party router into a LAN port on the SH2
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

So I bit the bullet and bought a Dream Machine Pro.

I unplugged the cable from the BT Hub to my Switch,  plugged it into the WAN port on the Dream Machine and did exactly nothing, the Dream Machine recognised the connection and set itself up to work. All up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Cheers guys but it looks like Ubiquiti have added something that automates the process.

0 Ratings