cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Using Orbi Mesh System With BT FTTP and VOIP Phones

Go to solution

Hello All, I have just moved into a new-build with FTTP and an ONT. When I informed BT of my move, they advised me that I would get a new hub and 2 x new cordless phones. So I now have a Smart Hub 2, and 2 x VOIP Cordless phones. I want to replace the Smart Hub 2 with my Orbi Mesh system that I brought with me from my previous property. So I have two questions: 1). Can I connect the Orbi straight to the WAN port of the ONT and dispense with the Smart Hub 2?, and 2). Will the VOIP Cordless phones work with the Orbi?, as BT says that 'you will need a Smart Hub 2 for them to work' in the set up guide. If yes to both, can you also advise me of any settings I need to make to the Orbi. Thanks in advance for your advice, BR, Niels

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using Orbi Mesh System With BT FTTP and VOIP Phones

Go to solution

Yes, you can connect the Orbi. No, your digital voice phones won't work, they only work with the SH2

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You can replace the SH2 with your Orbi mesh but as the SH2 acts as the base station for the DV handsets you can't use them with the Orbi.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you want to use the phones, then the SH2 is the only option, but you could sill connect the Orbi to a LAN port of the SH2, and configure it as bridge or access point mode.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7