cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

VDSL (Fibre) Speed Drop - Please can you reset my IP Profile?

Morning all,

Had Fibre in my new house for just over a year.
When we first moved in router would sync about 55meg (was IP profile capped to a lower speed infinity..)
Following a post on the forum, was contacted by a guy who reset the IP profile and was now syncing at the routers max sync speed of 66meg download, 16upload.
Slowly dropped to around 58-59 meg where its been sat for the last 9 months and I'm happy with that.
2 weeks ago the speed drops to 44meg - I call customer services and informed that the previous day, there were 14 disconnects and DSLAM has kicked in, lowered sync speed, increased SNR and given me a not so lovely 15meg drop.

What caused it, we don't know - Unless there were a number of power cuts when I was at work but the router has been rock solid stable previously and has been since.

Was informed that they would send out an  Openreach engineer who would check wiring between house and exchange for faults.

Hes just left, but he wasn't openreach he was from 'Cube' - they deal primarily with internal issues? (So everything from the socket and the internals of my network..)

Despite wholesale checker saying I can get 67meg on an un-impacted line, slightly less on impacted and the fact you can now see my previous sync speeds last month on that checker. Can show him the previous speed tests on my phone - Because BT have said anything above 41meg is deemed normal, he has told me there is nothing wrong..!

When these issues have occurred in the past, it has always been incredibly frustrating trying to contact 150 and speak to the right person to resolve the issue. Posting on the forum has always ensured a speedy response by somebody who gets it sorted.

Please can somebody PM me and help resolve the issue?

Many thanks,

Gary

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: VDSL (Fibre) Speed Drop - Please can you reset my IP Profile?

you need to post your hub/router stats

also enter phone number and post results to show estimated speed range

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

did you check there is no noise on your line - even if Cube person has been

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Note that uptime is just over an hour as the engineer was here disconnecting the router (several times 😐)
Prior to issue, uptime was nearly 40days, and hasn't disconnected since the random bout of disconnects ~10days ago.

Just to reiterate, it was happily sat @ the 56 / 15 for the last 9 or so months until these random disconnects in a single day.

And yes - Quiet line test is absolutely fine.

router2.jpg

router.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if your line is now fixed and stable with no more drops then you need to let the automatic DLM process restore your speed. your connection speed is above the handback speed so very unlikely BT will do anything unless automatic process does not kick in after a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings