cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

VDSL IP Profile

Good morning everybody! Just a random question here. I have just read it on the kitz website that FTTC IP profiles are set to 96.8% or 91% of downstream sync. I ran a BT wholesale speed test and my profile is set to 58.57Mbps what is about 86.42% of my sync speed that is sitting at 67.78Mbps. If the profile was set only to 91% of the sync speed I should get 61.67Mbps profile and if it was set to 96.8% I should get 65.61Mbps profile. I know it's just a small increase but I'm really trying to get the most out of my line... 🙂 I have screenshots where my profile was actually set at 68Mbps. If I could squeeze couple of more megabits out of my connection I would be very happy. I know in real world usage that wouldn't mean much, but it would definitely calm my OCD down... 😄 So my question, is there a possibility to increase those numbers in my ip profile?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: VDSL IP Profile

can you post hub stats and diagnostic results from btspeedtester  profile of 58% seems low and wrong

profile is lower if you have G.INP active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

ip profile.jpghub.jpg

It's not 58% but 58Mbps profile. But it's still about 86% of the sync speed.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 5

You have G.INP active on your line ao IP profile is about right.

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I know, it is active, was just wondering why I have a 10Mbps gap between the sync speed and the actual download speed. In the past when the hub was syncing with 70Mbps I was actually getting about 67-68Mbps actual download speed. Anyways, thank you for your help!

0 Ratings