cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

VDSL Link Down: help needed please from mods

Had lost internet problems since april. Many, many calls logged and promised problem would be fixed. Prior to april, no changes to house, infrastructure etc, nothing changed and service up to this point good.

started getting link dropped, followed by really slow speeds. Sometimes the speed dropping from 21mbps, to 17, 11, 8, 1.5 then would drop too. 

Kindly had a SmartHub6 installed replacing the 4, but after a few days same issues, so its not the hub. Annoyingly ive had 2 engineer no shows, only to be subsequently told the engineer had fixed the problem outside the property. 

Since ive started looking the logs there are a couple of trends, a morning hit around 8:10 is common, but its nothing in the house im pretty sure, so maybe REIN near box/line/exchange? 

It has also dropped during the night when there has been no activity at all other than inbound cast stuff (i dont have BT TV). 

Its getting hugely frustrating, the no-shows dont help. During a recent online chat session with support, i was promised 2x disc/repeaters which never turned up either. 

I feel i am stuck in a never ending loop now of fault raised, online chat, engineer within 3 days, will be fixed, wait 48hrs to monitor. ... and then it isnt, so another week goes by.

i got a letter in post this morning from Nick Lane (office of) asking me to bear with BT, but really i see no form of escalation or ownership, just this constant repetition loop.

please, please can a Mod help? 

Thanks steve

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: VDSL Link Down: help needed please from mods

Hi @BikerSteve thanks for posting, I'm so sorry to see the problems with your connection have not been resolved and that engineers haven't turned up.  

Please can you post your router stats and we'll take a look? Also try the quiet line test by dialling 17070 from your landline to check for noise.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

• Thank you. Did quiet line test for about 5 mins, just kept saying “quiet line test”. Would it have told me if any noise? 
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

No

you are listening for line noise apart from announcement - any crackle, buzz etc?

can you post your hub stats. Advanced settings then technical log information 

did you turn off smart setup as that often causes problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Hi NeilO,

ok, done log, its 488 pages, saved in ibooks. How do i get that to you please?

ta Steve

0 Ratings
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Thanks, no, no noise crackle or buzz. Not even mains hz hum. Quite quiet.

0 Ratings
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Smart set-up off. This is newish smarthub6 replacing 4 where this used to happen as much. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

sorry not the logs. It is the technical logs informstion which will show your hubconnection stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

85121433-F964-4C68-B8D1-CB57495B29EE.png7D5622BB-AC22-4D52-A50F-E0D2C72C79FF.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

your connection stats looks good 22/7mb with noise margin about normal 6db and conenction time at 14hrs

from your stats the networks are not split and splitting may help your wireless devices   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

it may also help to select channels manually rather than smart auto