cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: VDSL Link Down: help needed please from mods

Ok, got that thanks, will list my connected devices and split later. There are some “fixed”devices in the same room or +1 which will benefit, Alexa, Chromecast, Yamaha receiver, sky, air printer and cctv. It sounds like all those benefit from grouping and assigning “roaming” devices like phones and tablet to other. I’ll look at channels too. 

Very useful, its nice to be able to do some positive things whilst awaiting engineer.

great help - ta Steve

0 Ratings
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Engineer visit yesterday, 6th one.

gave me the option of him arriving earlier, fab. We discussed history, event logs and previous engineers efforts. He did line test, socket test, noise test, found errors and “caution” on the line. Climbed up pole and went down manhole cover (first to do this since april) and he pinged me onto another line upto the green box about 800m away. Its then fibre from there to exchange.

re-tested everything, getting 22.7mbps, lines clean. Told me to save his mobile number and keep him in the loop for next 30 days or so while i monitor it. Just under 2hours visit. 

If there was an engineer rating i’d give him 10/10, even if it doesnt solve the problem, ive now got own who cares and has ownership. 

Update 24 hours later: 22.5mbps, no Link Downs. 👍🤞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

sounds promising

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
BikerSteve
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

I’ll give it a few days, then do the split/assigns as you suggested. Thanks for those tips!
0 Ratings