Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JustinVDL
Message 1 of 6

VDSL Planning status - not updates

Go to solution

Having had slow ADSL for years the upgrade of my local cabinet to fibre would given me a boost to VDSL - shifting from 1 to 3 downloads to between 27- 18 Mbps. However the status of "planned" on the www.dslchecker.bt.com site remains unchanged for months. 

How do I find out WHEN VDSL will be avaible ? The pure lack of informaiton is like dealing with poorest of bureaucratic state-run companies.   Who knows how/where to ask the question - When can I have VDSL ?  or What are the actual dates for turing up VDSL on my cabinet  ? Who makes the decision? Who tells me its available ?

Having just come back from Kosovo - where FFTH and FTTC are beign rolled out within 3 days of request - it seem rather ironic that Openreach are so poor! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: VDSL Planning status - not updates

Go to solution

unfortunately only openreach know the answer to your question  all ISPs only provide the fibre connection once openreach say it is available and have no say in when that is

you can try openreach by completing form and if auto reply then send again until you get reply from an actual person

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @JustinVDL,

You could also try contacting the BDUK scheme in your area.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Exchange and cab number would be helpful.

0 Ratings
JustinVDL
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Bordon exchange cab 30
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution