Did you mean: 
NMcC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

VDSL2 Tests All Passed, thoughts?

Go to solution

Before we left sky then came to BT...

09-08-17.jpg

This is the test result taken from BTopenreach unit...

20170906-VDSL2 - Stats - 06-09-17.jpg

Are current infinity 2 product with less than infinity 1 speed atleast upload is still good!

stats - 20-09-17.jpg

stats wholesale 20-09-17.jpg

Acutally had 68MB down full upload on this VDSL2 line with sky see below... for 1 year and 6 months before it dropped abit!

20th july 2016.jpg

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
NMcC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: VDSL2 Tests All Passed, thoughts?

Go to solution

A little background,

Moved from Sky to BT, we were on the 10days of the DLM which I understand correctly sets up your line for the fastest speed it can get within the first 10days, however thunder and lightening happened & 3 days later the power company, instead of letting its customers know that they will be cutting the power off intermittently through a set day and since BT never supplied me with a UPS then the unit is going to go off, not once but three times during an afternoon! not great... the speed has been at this pretty much since 5 days in to the 10 days.

So one might think that being a BT customer there be some way to get a DLM reset since a new customer never got a fair run at the 10 days and since that never happened, even after the engineer called because there has to be a fault for a reset, am now left with this speed...

What next, buy another modem, change the internet cable around with another, Do i carry on and not touch the unit and see if the DLM brings it back, thoughts please.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NMcC and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. Are you able to run the speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results?

Cheers

David

Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
As you can see you were on a 3dB noise margin when on your Sky connection. You would have also had G.INP active (can’t have a lower noise margin without it as far as I know).

My line took 11 days for G.INP to be enabled and then another week or so for DLM to drop the noise margin, in 1dB increments to 3dB.

With G.INP and 3dB you should see a gain of around 15meg, which should get roughly back to where you were before the switch.

You just need a little patience.

You may also find that using a modem/router that has a Broadcom chipset will achieve faster sync speeds. The home hub 6 syncs about 10meg slower on my line than my Billion 8800NL.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
NMcC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Cheers for the replys here is the results of the test...

speed test 20-09-17.jpg

furdiag 20-09-17.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
My post above is all you need to know 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
NMcC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I use the original 8800NL.

In sync at 77.8meg with a 19.3 attentuation, about 600m from the cabinet (which is full so quite a bit of crosstalk). Unlikely to be the cable.
NMcC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Bought a new modem,

TP-Link TD-W9970 VDSL2, Latest Firmware: TD-W9970(EU)_V2_160912 has a BCM 63381 (600MHz dual-core MIPS CPU)

Wifi Turned off. 

Waited over 30 minutes to finish the session, reconnected to below picture, give it another two weeks see what happens.

Very close reading to what the engineer tested with his test minus the download sync speed, managed to sync 1 meg higher

tp.jpg

20170906-VDSL2 - Stats - 06-09-17.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Let DLM sort it out

You could also have been unlucky in that someone nearby took out service and is now a crosstalker
0 Ratings