cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Variable download speed recorded by SamKnows

Parksey,

Thanks. I will monitor it with the SamKnows box and keep an eye on the weather conditions. Funnily enough it has been good to-day (no less than 38.1mbps) and it started to rain about 4pm. I'll see if there is any connection between the weather and the speed.

Thanks,

Frustrated 57.

0 Ratings
Parksey26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Frustrated57,

I wish you the best of luck! It might not be as apparent as you think. Depending on where your cables run from the exchange and your cabinet and your cabinet and your home, it might be because of waterlogging (like in my case - apparently, my link was 'submerged') or wind and active rain.

Provided that you're confident in everything you've done within the house, I'd have no issues with getting on the phone to BT and have them send an Openreach chap out again. Eventually, you'll get a good'un who doesn't mind tracing the fault back to the exchange.

Even earn some brownie points - if you go out and check your telegraph pole, see if it is within its inspection date so that Openreach know if a cherry picker is required... whether BT relay that information is another thing!

I've been here before, Frustrated57; persevere!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Parksey26,
Thanks for your advice and encouragement.
Telegraph poles are not an issue as we are in a 20 year development where all the utilities are provided underground. There is a BT manhole cover right outside our front door.

Best wishes,

Frustrated57.
0 Ratings