Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chaoss
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Variable downstream performance/packet loss

Hi, I'm having some issues with my primary connection, My line appears to be syncing at the correct speeds but I am getting much worse and variable speeds in practice. Here are my DSL stats. Normally I am connected (wired) to a Cisco hardware firewall and switch which is then connected to a G.993.2 dsl modem. Here are the stats from that modem...

DSL Link StatusDSL UptimeDSL ModulationAnnex ModeSNR DownSNR UpLine Attenuation DownLine Attenuation UpData Rate DownData Rate UpMAX Rate DownMAX Rate UpPOWER DownPOWER UpCRC DownCRC Up

up
29 days 6 hours 18 minutes 28 seconds
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX_A
7.3 dB
30.6 dB
6.0 dB
0.0 dB
88212 kbps
36189 kbps
95064 kbps
44312 kbps
9.2 dbm
9.2 dbm

And here are a couple of SpeedTest results taken just minuites apart

Share Image

Share Image

Both the packet loss and speed issues are on the downstream channel only, the upstream seems unaffected. I am getting an unusually high number of CRC errors as well in the last few days.

I've tried going straight into the modem and bypassing the firewall but the issues persist, I've re-nagotiated the line but it negotiates similar speeds. I'm not getting noise if I do a noise test either although I do find the quality of voice to be worse than usual on the landline phone, but that could be caused by the fact that the phone had an accedent the other day. I've unplugged the phone to no avail as well.

I'm all out of ideas, anyone here got any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Variable downstream performance/packet loss

The maximum upload on Residential Infinity is 20Mbps. You obviously are using something other than residential Infinity.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Chaoss
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

yeh BT Business Infinity... the top package. but no one ever response/replies to posts and it looks like no ones posted in that forum for at least a couple of weeks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I suggest you post in the appropriate business forum here https://business.forums.bt.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 5

Chaoss,

You may be interested in this BT Business post on the BT Business support forum: https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Ask-support/td-p/73629

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings