Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Vectoring Update

Does anyone in a position working on the cabs or setup of VDSL, have any update on when Vectoring will be rolled out.

When I first connected on port 01 I had a connection of 80/20.
As more people came online I saw my speeds drop to 54/8. Eventually dropping over 2 years to a stable 44/8.
My contract was up and binned infinity 2 and downgraded to infinity 1. My line is now 50/10 on day 4 and seems stable.

However I can't help but wonder, if vectoring was enabled BT would still have a infinity 2 customer at 80/20.

Any news if this is ever!! Going to be turned on.

Ps I am rural and about 550m from the cab. So theoretically 80/20 is easy in the absence of cross talk or with vectoring on.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Vectoring Update

You must be a lot closer than 550M from the cab if you got 80/20 at day 1.

FTTC-speed-distance-graph.png

0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I walked the route. There are 2 possible routes from the cab to our house. The shortest is 550M. Unless the cable goes direct and not following the pavement and the BT manholes. As the crow flies it's about 200m
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Just been out and rest walked the route. My bad. Route 1 365m, route 2 385m.

So it's likely to be around these distances. Are these more correct?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Yep, more likely, although must be good cable even at that distance. Getting back to the original question, it all seems to have gone quiet with vectoring and G.Fast seems to be the latest thing. I believe vectoring is inherent with G.Fast.

0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I see. It make good reading. However it does seem that those past 300m will dip out. Our village has customers upto around a km away from the cab. These won't get nothing but grief as this roles out, with even more cross talk and noise
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Crosstalk has a limit, the estimated speed ranges take cross talk into account. That's one reason why there's a range given and not a specific value.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Well my estimate for my new contract on the downgraded Inifity 1 was 60-70Mbs with a guaranteed min of 51/10. I get 49992 so 50/20. SNR is 6 down and 7 up
Max attainable is 51420 down and 12142 up. So I suppose it's just about in the range predicted.

I did have to however adjust some advanced settings to manage impulse noise and RFI rejection to get a stable line. I was getting CRC errors in the 10,000s at 51Mbs. At 50 CRC errors are 0.

PS I'm using a FritzBox 7390 not a hub5
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Well my estimate for my new contract on the downgraded Inifity 1 was 60-70Mbs with a guaranteed min of 51/10. I get 49992 so 50/10. SNR is 6 down and 7 up at present.
Max attainable is 51420 down and 12142 up. So I suppose it's just about in the range predicted. I ha è a screenshot of the numbers and settings in use

I did have to however adjust some advanced settings to manage impulse noise and RFI rejection to get a stable line. I was getting CRC errors in the 10,000s at 51Mbs. At 50 CRC errors are 0.

PS I'm using a FritzBox 7390 not a hub5
0 Ratings