cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coullyhomeip
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Very Low Upload Speed

I wonder if anyone can help, as the BT helpdesk have refused to acknowledge that I have a problem. My BT Infinity Download speed os very good, around 30 mbits/sec. My Upload speed is very very poor, if fluctuates between 0.3 and 0.5 mbits/sec. If I use wireshark to capture the packets used when the BT Wholesale test is running I can see that I have a high packet loss rate for outgoing packets. So something is wrong. I remotely control the PC in my office from my home PC and the performance of this is definitely a lot poorer than it was recently. Kids have also complained about Itunes and stuff. Loss of packets on the outgoing link will damage download performance as the TCP ACKs are not getting back to teh data sender. Any advice on howe I can get BT to accept I have some kind of fault and do something about it? Their recommendation was that I get Business Broadband!!!! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Very Low Upload Speed

Hi coullyhomeip

I am sorry you are having trouble with your broadband.  We can not guarantee upload but I will be happy to have a look at this for you and see what we can do.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings