Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Very Slow Upload Speeds

@pippincp wrote:

Actually I'm not wrong - you are.  If my modem operated at higher power it would swamp nearby ADSL lines as their attenuation is much greater (since, as you say, they are copper all the way from the exchange).  It's one of the basic principles of VDSL.

You can find a good tutorial at:  http://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/vdsl-technology-issues-an-overview.html

I know ADSL users aren't connected at the DSLAM (and I didn't say they were) but their lines can be impacted by VDSL at high power.  The two options I presented were illustrations, and of course would only be possible if my house was nearer to the cabinet and/or the exchange.

As for conspiracy theories...  You should try to improve your attitude, and set a good example as a "Distinguished Guru".  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I was trying to help someone understand why they're getting slow upload.  Perhaps you should also concentrate on helping people rather than trying to score points....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 20

I'm not here to score points as I don't care about them I also don't rely on a 17  year old document detailing possible problems produced before any standard was introduced to try and prove a point.

What I do care about is when someone tries to spread misinformation based on outdated data.

That said it is not a discussion for this thread as it distracts from the OP's problem and can make his thread difficult for others trying to advise.

Take it to the lounge if you wish to continue it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

How do I find this out please?

Also, please don't argue on my account everyone. I'm sure we're all trying to be helpful and I'm grateful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

if you are looking for stats then @Keith_Beddoe posted a link already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 20

Don't worry I have no intention of arguing with anyone.

The info you are looking for will be in your hub stats. HERE's how to find them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ60547625
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 04/07/17
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 10:24:36
6. Data rate:615 / 18176
7. Maximum data rate:652 / 18246
8. Noise margin:7.2 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:46.7 / 32.6
10. Signal attenuation:8.9 / 26.9
11. Data sent/received:583.0 MB / 14.4 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-G3PQ
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-G3PQ
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:90:72:82:82:bb:b0
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

Di you check the quiet line test for noise. Dial 17070 option 2. Should be quiet and best with corded phone

when connected to test socket check that there is no dial connection one at any extension socket whether in use or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

I just did the quiet line test and there was no noise except a very quiet hum.

Given this and the other information, what are my prospects for being able to raise the upload speeds or is that a forlorn hope at this stage?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

Without wishing to engage too heavily in thread necromancy, my upload speeds still remain incredibly low.

There was (and is) no noise on my phone line having done the test you suggested. Does this mean that the painfully slow 0.3-0.6 mbps upload speeds I have been getting are the best I'm going to get (at least for now)? Or is there still a potential somewhere for a fault to be fixed? Would a BT engineer, for example, be able to tell me more?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

can you post current router stats please

0 Ratings