Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WalterB
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Very Slow Upload

Hi All,

I guess I have the same problem as others and before I give up and move from BT can anyone help with my slow broadband upload speed.

I think I have collected the information required but can't work out what might be wrong. BT's approach is nothing wrong here!! Their view is you are getting 18M upload so everything is great.

I can get 53k upload speed when syncing Dropbox. Lots of measurements at 200k upload.

Thanks for any help.

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Very Slow Upload

Welcome to this user forum.

Which BT home hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

unless you can get virgin then your connection will be the same regardless of ISP as they all use the openreach fibre to the cabinet and same copper wire from cabinet to your home

can you post stats from your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WalterB
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the two replies.

Hub 6

0 Ratings
WalterB
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Stats.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

0 Ratings
WalterB
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Stats1.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Upstream connection speed is a bit on the low side, but it can be caused by noise being picked up on the line, or your own internal wiring.

Which number matches your master socket?

Single master sockets

Filtered master sockets

Do you have any extra sockets or extension wiring?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
WalterB
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi, Thanks for your help and time.

Socket is Type 6, I have had BT/OpenReach up to the house many times, they changed the cable from the house to the pole, tree brought the cable down, changed filters to the current Type 6. I had the wiring changed to have the Hub connection as the first socket and all the other extensions removed, as well as having the bell wire disconnected.

Until recently I was getting 930k to 760k upload but over the last 3 months it has been very slow upload.

So I think I have done everything possible to sort wiring inside the house.

BT had difficulty getting the upload speed to achieve 15gb plus, when infinity 1 was installed, which is their min guarantee, they ended up having to change wires from the pole to the cabinet, flipped my connection from aluminium/copper cable to all copper.

Download speeds have been resonable it's just the upload that appears to be the issue and not sure how to get BT to do anything or acknowledge a problem even exists.

Thanks for any advice,

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Thanks,

So you have no other sockets, and no extension wiring connected anywhere, and there are no connection blocks before that master socket.

As it comes from a pole, there would have to be an additional connection block joining the external dropwire, and the internal cable, can you please check?

0 Ratings