cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Very high FEC errors

122,000 FEC errors in 9 hours, are FEC errors good apparently they are infact error correcters, I pulled stats from the hg612 modem and I've only had 25 CRC errors in that time, delay is on 8 though 😞 all them stupid home hub 5 disconnections are the cause, it's been rock solid in the 9 hours I've had the hg612 modem in. Noise margin is still below 6bB though
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Very high FEC errors

FEC errors show that interleaving is doing it's job correcting errors and are ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

FEC errors show that there is noise on the line causing packet loss which has to be corrected by the modem or retransmitted.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the help guys, in 9 hours there were only 25 CRC errors that was about til 2am and then when I woke up there were 2962 that was in a space of 21 hours, odd thing is the modem had reported it resynced but the router didn't resync which leaves me confused because if the modem lost connection so would the hub. It resynced at approx 6am and within those 5 hours from then til about 11-11 15 there has been 259 CRC errors. If what you guys are saying is that FEC is to do with noise does that mean that the lines faulty or the extension is faulty because bt told me the phoneline is fine but the modem and hub are connected to the extension. In the master socket there are only 2 wires connected to the extension those are blue and white. The wires for terminal 2 and 5 are disconnected. Thanks
0 Ratings