cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nskk
Message 1 of 20

Very high ping in Valve Games

Hi, so I got a problem and I hope you guys can help me sort this out, I own BT Inifinity 2 and couple days ago I started getting very high ping and ms in valve games (mainly Counter Strike Global Offensive). Browsing seems fine only goes up when in game ( reaching up to 150 and not falling below 137). I have quite a number devices connected on wireless however this ping was never so high before. I am using wired connection. 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
lowei
Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: Very high ping in Valve Games

Hi

Can you ping,traceroute, the sever when you are getting high pings and post the results.

I play CSGO and am not having any problems with the severs at the moment.

0 Ratings
benp
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

I'm having the same issues, and it only seems to be with some servers (official matchmaking servers). It's basically a pot luck whether I get a server with around 30 ping or 130+ (I'm guessing based on the location/data center).

My ping floats around 135-170.

Only the one device is connected and I'm currently on the 80/20 package.

I will try and get the IP the next time I run into one of the higher ping servers.
0 Ratings
nskk
Message 4 of 20

I tried a official casual last night and the ping was normal, Ill do it when I get into a Competitive game.
0 Ratings
benp
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

I've managed to run into another server with the ping issues and this time I grabbed the IP - 146.66.159.147:27041.

An IP tracker has this IP being in Luxembourg.
0 Ratings
JackHammer20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

I've been connecting to some EU West based CS:GO servers in the past few weeks and occasionally getting similar pings, yet other times it can be 30 odd throughout. It seems like a bad routing issue if you ask me...

0 Ratings
swfraseR
Message 7 of 20

Got the same problem as many people in here and this is the second time in the past year in which it's been happening for me. Only some servers in the EU region are affected as I get into some competetive matches and have around 50 ping, and then I will get another location and get 160, whilst everyone else from the UK who is not on BT will be unaffected.

Just seems like a routing issue for sure as half the server locations seem unaffected and the rest of my internet is also completely fine.

0 Ratings
N0STIE
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 20

Got the same issue, 120-150ms in CS:GO when playing competitive, servers are located in Luxembourg. Any other servers are ok, getting 30-70ms. Its been happening from like 2 days now. Rebooting router didnt help at all. Any ideas? I consider to call BT about this, its very annoying.

0 Ratings
zagnome
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 20

0 Ratings
bathawes
Message 10 of 20

Just to add another voice to this thread, my cousin and I both use BT Infinity, and we both have problems when using Valve's CS:GO match making servers. This appears to be a problem that is specific to BT, as the people we play with (who use other ISPs) do not have these latenc issues. We tend to have latency that floats around the 100ms mark, whereas everyone else on the server typically has between 20 and 50ms.

My cousin is based in Guildford and I am based in North London.

0 Ratings