cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Very slow Infinity 2

Trying to see if i have a configuration error on the BT / Openreach side. I cannot get more than 4Mb/s download. Please see log settings screenshot. The data rate looks strange to me. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have gone thorugh the openreach speed test and diagnostics as well.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Very slow Infinity 2

Your data rate shows at 32Mbps. Are you testing your connection wired or wireless?

What is it that looks strange to you?

For some reason DLM has interleaved your connection, have you had problems in the past?

Enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove your number before posting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

I would have thought it would be higher. testing on a wired connection. i should be getting 70mbs according to the order. To be honest i think its been like this since i upgraded from infinity 1, but i have been away a lot and not really used it in anger until now.

Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

according to the dslchecker results your estimated range is 60/43mb so not sure where you got 70mb from

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps your connection by eliminating your internal wiring as causing a problem  if you have extension sockets whether in use or noit can you check they do not have a dial tone when you are connected to test socket

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I seem to remember it said up to 70mb/s when i ordered but i cannot find that info any more, would it be in My BT ?

I am connecting my laptop directly to the router ethernet port, the BT socket is the main one, should i try another? Where is the test socket?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

the test socket if you have an NTE5 master socket is here  test socket.jpg

or if different master

test-socket-thumb.jpg

test socket shown by black arrow

I think the 'up to' is the key phrase as it does not appear your line can handle that speed probably due to distance from street cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

ok, will try tonight. id be happy with 10mbs given the current speed Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

you currently have a 32mb connection speed  the speeds quoted by BT and the dslchecker are connection speeds not download speeds

0 Ratings