cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 14

Re: Very slow upload speed

Go to solution

Hi @peteathompson Are you in the Coventry area? If so there was an issue but Openreach have completed the work to fix this a few minutes ago. If you are in that area please can you check your connection now and post back and let me know if it's ok. 

PS you may need to reset your hub.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

TL;DR - Yes, it is OK as of just a few mins ago.

However I am shocked at BTs total lack of care.  Because my Download speed was good they had no interest in my problems.  They could do nothing.  They wouldn't send an engineer, they wouldn't even investigate as they don't support upload!!  My neighbour has no download or upload yesterday, they called BT, BT said there was a serious issue outside their property and would send an engineer in the next couple of days.

About 11:00 this morning the light on the hub went red.  I called BT, recorded message told me that there was a known incident in my area that they were working on.  Not long ago hub went blue and everything is fine.  I have 16Mbps Upload.

How can this not be down to the issue they were having or, at best, it was fixed because the wider problem forced some kit, somewhere, to be rebooted / reset?

So if it ever happens again I will just be stuck with an unworkable internet connection until something else happens.  What a load of rubbish!

Thanks for everyone’s interest / questions / help with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
How did you know there was an issue and Openreach have completed? Is there a web site that lists these issues in real time? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @peteathompson Thanks for checking that and posting back. There was another thread which was in Berkswell and also a thread for Tile Hill yesterday afternoon. 

We reached out to last night to highlight this issue to check if it was affecting other users and when I came in this morning the fault had been raised and was being worked on. 

I'm sorry that you had difficulty when you called getting the fault resolved/reported correctly but I can assure you that once the issue was highlighted the call queues were checked for similar reports and this did help in getting the issue logged and fixed.  

Thanks
John

0 Ratings