cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Very slow upspeed

Hello everyone, Could I pick your brains for a few minutes? I have an upload speed of around 0.4mbs and download between 6 and 9mbs. I’m on fibre infinity, and a long way from exchange. The download speed is fine but the upload speed is so bad our video door bell won’t work. We used to be with plusnet Adsl and all was fine including our cctv but since going with BT fibre, it’s dismal. Any ideas? Thanks
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Very slow upspeed

post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

IMG_0378.jpg

0 Ratings
2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

BT Broadband /
BT Infinity /
BT Infinity 3 and 4 :

BT Infinity

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

17-Aug-2018

Downstream sync speed:

7.12 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

531.00 kbps

Network uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 19 Minutes

System uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 21 Minutes

BT Wi-fi status:

Active

network up time is low as i did a reset as advised by BT but that achieved nothing.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Sorry can you post the stats from the hh6 from technical log as I asked originally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

17-Aug-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 23 Minutes 8 Seconds

Data rate:

531 Kbps / 7.12 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

550 / 8394

Noise margin:

6.6 dB / 5.9 dB

Line attenuation:

37.9 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

27 MB Uploaded / 356 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Your down connection speed is well within your estimated range but up speed on low side

are you using the test socket with a filter even if you have filtered master socket to see if that gives you a bit more speed

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

you are on ECI cab so no boost from G.INP

0 Ratings
2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Hi I’mjolly
Ok, still haven’t got anywhere with calling BT. Wasted too much time with them now. Hopefully you might shed some light. I have tried the test socket with filter and it is marginally faster 0.5mbs and our video door bell works slightly better like this.
The quiet line is quiet but sometimes when we call people it’s noisy. It was noisy whilst talking to BT but still they wanted to video call me and waste more time which ended with me being cut off after almost 2 hours of getting nowhere. The next time I call them will be to cancel the contract. Useless. What do you mean by “no boost from G.INP”?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

You are too far from the cabinet, and upload speed is being sacrificed to give you a better download speed. You may be better opting for an ADSL connection. You should not have any noise on your line.

Unless you have an alternative connection, like from a cable provider, then you are never going to get a better speed, from any provider, that uses the Openreach copper network.

As BT Retail only guarantee download speed, then unless you are not getting the average speed specified on your order, then you would have difficulty cancelling without penalty.

2nailspeed
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Hi Keith, thanks. That’s not good news. Makes sense as on adsl we had no problems. Changed to fibre and had no end of trouble. Is there really nothing I can do? I wonder if BT will downgrade me to adsl?
0 Ratings