cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andywalks
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Video Buffering Problems

Hope this is in the correct place as I believe it to be either a connection or PC issue.

With buffering (on YouTube) a 2 min 29 sec video took 2 min 57 sec to watch and a 2 min 57 sec video took 5 min 58 sec to watch. Whilst writing a 1 min 17 sec video has now been buffering for over 4 minutes having played the first 23 seconds.

There is no problem with the wifi at all as I have just tried this on my iphone with no problems whatsoever, 2 HD videos of 3 and 5 minutes played faultlessly.

I use the BT plugs to run the cable through the home electrics from router to PC and use Firefox for browsing (refreshed yesterday).

This problem only started about 4 weeks ago having been on infinity since Feb 2017.

On speed tests download shows between 6 Mb/s to 50 Mb/s, the 6 only happening once and the lowest above that shows at 19 but generally over 23.

Similarly, upload shows between 4 Mb/s (only the once) and over 9 on the other 10 tests.

Can anyone offer any help or what I need to look for to try and improve the situation, a PC reboot helps for a few minutes (done about an hour ago) and by the way, the 1 min 17 sec video is still buffering, 11 minutes later.

It appears something, either connection or PC is ‘throttling’ the videos.

Thanks for anything you can come up with.

Andy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Video Buffering Problems

If it works on Wifi using your phobe then it's not the internet connection that's the problem. It's likely the hone plugs.

Have you tried re-pairing them?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Andywalks
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Video Buffering Problems

Hi Webby

Yes, I re-paired them on Sunday, should have mentioned that in the original post.

Funnily enough, after 4 weeks of problems, there no longer seems to be an issue since my original post! Tuesday evening and today it seems fine, just very minor buffering (a few seconds on a few occasions).

Thanks

0 Ratings