cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Video keeps Buffeting and internet loss.

Been with BT since April 29th this year . First 2 weeks were excellent. Then after that slowly deteriorating. To the point where every day videos keep buffeting and loosing connection. When i have messaged BT they say everything is ok there end. But obviously its not. So what's happened after the first 2 weeks where everything was great. Even with my last provider it didn't keep buffeting. So something somewhere is not working. Nearly £60.00 a month is a lot if its not working as I need it too. So where do u go to now if BT says its fine but i know I'm loosing internet and cant watch videos unless  I can spend half the night restarting my computer .Also I'm only using 1 computer, they advertise on tv as using many more all over the house without loosing connection.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Video keeps Buffeting and internet loss.

when you say you know you are losing internet are you actually dropping internet connection or like many people what you mean is that your wireless devices are dropping connection to the hub/router

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you tried selecting the wireless channels manually instead of auto.  using a wifi analyser on smart phone you will see channels in use and you can select a less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Hi, i don't have a smart phone just a desk top computer. Its got worse since i written the first message . It has cut off the internet at least 6 times today and buffeting every video.The videos are good videos i am doing on line courses for my work and its infuriating when i cant watch it. This is the only computer that is being use.Thank goodness i don't have any more computers running off it. What really annoys me also is my VPN goes to red every day several times a day  and i have to check every time i click on the internet. It also keeps saying timed out. Not a happy bunny at the moment.I also cant understand that the first 10 day to 2 weeks fantastic connection and never had a problem. But then the service went down hill. If it can be good at the beginning whats changed. There is nothing my end.I'm between a rock and a hard place as BT says there is nothing wrong.At the moment of writing this i had to come off my studies again constantly buffeting.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@DianeW1957 

Do you really need a VPN connection, since you're only watching, according to you, quality videos? Some VPNs really do affect the quality of one's connection to the net.

I suggest you stop the VPN and then try running a video to see whether the buffeRing continues.

Report back!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Sorted everything out . Bought new computer/ desk top for £600.00.I was nearly scammed out of nearly £5,000 when i was with TalkTalk. So very nervous when on the internet if not completely covered. Fraud squad stopped them within 40m mins. Santander told me i would not have got my money back if the police hadn't stopped it. So changed providers and Building Society. Santander were not going to give me new Bank Account Numbers.So left them.
0 Ratings