cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Voip & FTTP

Go to solution

Thanks.  So the password is simply "BT" ?  I'll try it later today & let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

In actual fact, a password isn't needed, but many routers won't accept an empty field and require one to be entered, hence anything will do but  usually BT is used.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I suggest making a note of your VOIP settings before performing a factory reset as these will be lost.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks.  I'm going to start soon.  Probably a daft question (but I'm good at those)  but I assume that for the reset etc, I start with the old router disconnected from the WAN but still connected to the PC by a LAN socket & then change the PPPoE etc & reconnect to WAN to see if there's an auto setup function?  Or do I keep away from the WAN until the new setup is in place.   Also, I will my WiFi password be the one associated with the old router or do I change it to the one on the Smarthub?  Sorry if this is basic stuff!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

I would connect your PC to the LAN and also connect the WAN to the fibre ONT. If there is an auto setup, it will then prompt you to enter the PPPoE details. Use the SSID and password of the old router, unless you have changed it, it will still be the same as before after the factory reset.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi again.  Just to keep you in the loop, I've spent this afternoon loading the pages showing all my old router settings onto a USB stick for reference.  I'll make a start on trying the new set up tomorrow.  Should be fun!

Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Looks like it's sorted.  Much less painful than I thought it would be.  Many Thanks.