Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 54

Re: Vry swlow infinity 2 speeds in the evening

Go to solution

hopefully @JohnC2 will pick this up and find out why cancellation - problem sounds more than just your conenction so home engineer visit not going to solve it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Sage
Message 32 of 54

Go to solution

The engineer would not be able to resolve the problem so a waste of time having one out. This is obviously a network problem and outside of the engineers remit.

Wait for the mods to get back to you.

Phone2Canvas
Beginner
Message 33 of 54

Go to solution
Thanks much appreciated
0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 34 of 54

Go to solution

OK, update.

Rang to see what the situation was with the wrong address and the Openreach ORDI request. Guy on the phone said I see what the problem is let me get my manager. He then said they have fixed my address problem.

I was sceptical so I rang back and spoke to a lovelly woman in faults who said we should book the engineer for Monday and that he deffenetly willbe sent to the correct address.

So on BT's side I know that my billing address and instalation address are correct but I tried to explain that the openreach one is wrong. 

So Idk if it's fixed, they seem to think so, I guess I'll find out on Monday if the engineer turns up at the right address.

I must also add that even with all these problems I've spoken to some really nice people from all over the UK and Ireland at BT. I can tell that they really are trying to get this all sorted for me and I've spent a lot of time talking about where I'm from, where they are from, video games, and just life in general. 😄

Now I just hope we can get all of this fixed

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 35 of 54

Go to solution

So let me get this right.

You are sure you have the same problem as the OP in this thread but still want an engineer to attend who won't be able to resolve the problem as explained above.

I understand you want to get the 2 addresses for your home resolved have you checked if the Royal Mail site has things right as that is the database Openreach depend on?

If you have an incorrect address registered there then contact Royal Mail as well as Openreach.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4696/kw/address%20incorrect

0 Ratings
Highlighted
raccoons
Contributor
Message 36 of 54

Go to solution

I am the original OP of this thread @pippincp

I have explained the situation in full over the phone to BT faults. Like most people i think it's a network problem but they thought it best to get an engineer out to me. I live right next to the exchange so if I spot him I'll call him over ;D

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 37 of 54

Go to solution

Even if you spot him he won't be able to enlighten you as to the problem. He may BS you though.

This forum is the place to get it sorted out. Frustrating as it is just wait for the mods to investigate and get back.

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 38 of 54

Go to solution

@pippincpYeah you're probably right about the engineer. But the BT fault woman said that it would be best to get an engineer out and get the ball rolling. I agree that he probably wont be able to fix it on the visit but they were very insistent that he should be booked. So I'll go with the flow 🙂

With the address though I have noticed that on the Royal Mail checker that my address shows up using the house number and not the house name. I wonder if this is why thay have not been able to fix it over the years. Still does not explain why the old lady down the roads house shows up.

If they have not been able to update it to my house name to match my BT and billing account. It might be an idea to try and change everything to the address using the house number. But for now I will have to leave it and see how things pan out and wait for the mods on here to get in conntact 🙂

Thank you

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 39 of 54

Go to solution

You can always get in touch with Royal Mail using the link I gave to get them sorted out. It would make it easier for the rest, not just Openreach to sort it out their end. While the Royal Mail database is wrong every company database will be.

As far as the engineer is concerned he cannot get any ball rolling. As I said, wait forthe mods to get back.

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 40 of 54

Go to solution

Well just had the engineers here I got two and they both got sent to the wrong address 😄

All their tests came back saying there is nothing wrong with my line. Said it might be my equipment. But I explained I've tried two different routers, and different devices and still get the same issue. And that there is nothing interfearing with it in the house.  I told them it's fine at 6am and then dies throught the day until its at 2Mbps at night.

I really hope the mods on here can help me out

0 Ratings