cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 54

Re: Vry swlow infinity 2 speeds in the evening

Go to solution

Hi @raccoons Sorry for the delay in getting to your case. You are near the top of the queue and one of the team will be in touch soon. 

In relation to the address issue it would start the ball rolling to contact Royal Mail and request your address is corrected as it must be listed on their website before Openreach will correct it.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 42 of 54

Go to solution

Thx @JohnC2 No need to be sorry. I hope you don't mind me updating the thread as I go, it just helps me keep track of the sittuation. 

Thank you for getting back to me 🙂

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 43 of 54

Go to solution

Just had a conversation with a neighbour who is with plus net, He was kind enough to run a speed test on his computer for me. Exactly the same issue, He said he will be reporting ir to plus net. At least I know now it's deffenetly not me as the engineer was trying to pass off. Even though I showed him the same results using two diferent routers and devices.

Just had to update 😄 

0 Ratings
Phone2Canvas
Beginner
Message 44 of 54

Go to solution

@raccoons

@JohnC2

Hi just thought I would post because there has been a change in the pattern of my internet speed, this afternoon around 16.49 i seem to have recorded a normal speed test, this is the first time in around 2 weeks I have got anything over 5/6.00 mbps in the afternoon, so thinking something has changed somewhere.   Smiley Very Happy

Will update this eve 

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 45 of 54

Go to solution

@Phone2Canvas Same here, achiving 50Mbps at the moment, not my usual 65Mbps but a big increase during the afternoon. Lets hope we can mentain this in the evening.

But it does show that our speed issues are connected Andy.

Because I live right next to the exchange I did see some Synergy workers there today. I think the are working on the mobile phone mast that they have put up a few weeks back in the grounds of the exchange (right next to the building) I wonder if this has anything to do with anything. Prob not but thought i'd put it out there.

0 Ratings
jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 54

Go to solution

@raccoons

Thats good you have your connection higher . I have had a similar problem  (which i have documented in my own thread ) even though we live miles apart. My connection speeds  also burst back into life today sometime between 9am and 3-30 pm today.

i find it quite interesting what you say about mobile masts because they have apparently been doing work on them where i live and  i have had messages on my television that we may have to retune our televisions today  due to the airwaves being freed up for more mobile signals . I dont know if the work being done on mobile masts here was anywhere near the exchange and I have no idea if any of this is related to our problems . But i found your comment rather interesting .

0 Ratings
Phone2Canvas
Beginner
Message 47 of 54

Go to solution

@raccoons

Hi glad you are getting same results I have same speed this eve, so seems like it is resolved, whatever it was Smiley Happy

@JohnC2

So should I cancel my engineer appointment? Its for this thursday p.m.

0 Ratings
raccoons
Contributor
Message 48 of 54

Go to solution

Just to update.

As @Phone2Canvas mentined  both us had our internet come back to life yesterday after 2 weeks of constant slow download speeds.

From yesterday afternoon and throughout the evening my speeds remained at a constand 50Mbps.

This morning at 6:30am ( I get up way to early 😄 ) my internet went off for a few minutes and came back on.  Ran a speed test and now it's showing download speeds at 58Mbps. This is a vast inpovement on the 10Mbps i was getting in the afternoons and the 2mbps I was getting in the evenings. It's still a little shy of the speeds of 65Mbps I have been constantly reciving for the last few years but dear god it makes life so much easier again when it comes to work 😄

I will keep monotring the situation

Thx

Message 49 of 54

Go to solution

Hi @Phone2Canvas I'll let Dale who picked up your case know. I see no point in going ahead with the appointment so will ask him to cancel it for you.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
raccoons
Contributor
Message 50 of 54

Go to solution

Hi, another update 🙂

@JohnC2 @Phone2Canvas Openreach engineers were hard at work yesterday in the manholes in the village. Spoke to a couple I know in the village and they were telling me how thay have had no internet at all for a while and seemed to think they were there to fix their problem.

For the last 24hrs my speeds have been at a constant 58Mbps so they have deffenetly fixed something somewhere.

This is still around 10Mbps lower than my usual speeds, and i don't want to nitpick but was wondering if this is just what i will get for now on or if  all the router switching, the internet speed drops and the turning off and on of routers over the last two weeks has affected my line profile.

I wonder if a DLM reset might get my speeds back to where they were?

mhmm.PNG

0 Ratings