cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cockney
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

WARNING !!!! get anything they say or agree to in writing ..

Anyone with problems demand anything agreed in writting ..

Last November i had problems with BT Infinity 80/20 , Drop outs , slow speed ( below 1Mbps Download ) after several attempts of engineers  trying to fix it as was told i would be compensated and i could leave but they asked me to stay while they tried a few more things one option involving a new line to the green fibrebox at the end of the street according to openreach engineers less than .. Which i asked for in writing and never received , anyway , after several months of back n forth , endless speed testing on/off peak , early hours in the morning ... i mean i bent over backwards for  6 months whilst paying for this really crappy service all the time being promised i would be compensated for the whole period back to November on resolution oneway or the other and i still had the option to leave anytime i wanted to ... only when i did leave after notifing them and they said " ok , sorry we couldnt resolve the problems "  they billed me £279 , a few phone calls n i was told it would be sorted out .. then a few months of a debt agency calling n letters , so i called BT again this time they say i owe the money as its my fault and equipment  , so i told them and the debt recovery people take me to court if you want it .. Ive got over 6 months of bt speed test results saved , several emails and txts from the gateshead triage team and an open reach engineer whos willing to give a signed statement that my equipment is and was not at fault .. in his opinion it was a " BT server fault " as the line from property and on my equipment to box was performing above on their bypass test it remained stable at 76Mbps/19Mbps for several  speed tests then dropped to below 7Mpbs for several test through the BT server although sync speed indicated 76Mbps .. on both his and my equipment same BT speed test results . 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
cockney
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: WARNING !!!! get anything they say or agree to in writing ..

oh n my new provider speeds have been constantly above the estimated speed .. just saying 

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: WARNING !!!! get anything they say or agree to in writing ..

cockney,

In your first post you have stated that you could have left at anytime you wanted to, was this because you were out of contract.?,

If so what are the charges for.?

0 Ratings