cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBeev
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

WBC FTTP 1GB available but can’t purchase BT Full Fibre

I’ve just checked the DSL Checker and found that we finally have full 1000Mbps WBC FTTP on our line. See below:

1671D91E-D188-4E6E-B2C4-A5B05A8B190E.jpeg

Up until now we’ve only had ADSL, so this is a huge improvement for us. I can see that BT have recently launched their BT Full Fibre service. I was hoping to jump on this as it seems like a great price for potentially 900 Mbps. 

However, their availability checker says its unavailable for us. Is this expected? Any reason why it wouldn’t show?

8423FC82-C037-41AC-BFE7-E77694E0B86A.jpeg

We can see 300 Mbps option when going through BT Business, but I don’t fancy paying £68 for something that’s inferior.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
smithjones
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: WBC FTTP 1GB available but can’t purchase BT Full Fibre

Reason is COVID-19 - no installs until June at earliest, so FTTP products have been taken down off their website.

Possibly try phoning in an order.

0 Ratings
TheBeev
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yeah, that makes complete sense. Thanks, I’ll try giving them a call.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You can try calling in but it won't get you installed until after 1st June. At least it will be pre booked, I believe they are booked up to the 16th June already but it may vary by area.

0 Ratings
JamesBand
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes same. 

I think it is because of the COVID 19 situation. When that resolves itself, then I think new installs will become available again.

Likewise, I would like to get the vast improvement of the new Ultrafast Fibre 900 versus the ADSL I am on now.

What is the price like though? I heard variations in prices, with some getting it for £54 a month and others for £39.99 for the 900Mbps product?

0 Ratings