cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY FIBRE BROADBAND SPEED??

Go to solution

Call the Options Team on 0800.800.030 and explain what has happened. They should be able to change it.

0 Ratings
leeannipants
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

So spoke to a nice lady who said that because I have an active order on my accout she can't look into the problem.  She says I have unlimited internet though and nothing is capped. I am confused as ever. I asked my next door neighbours who are getting speeds of 61mb/16mb(Infinity 2 I'm assuming) My other neighbour is with TalkTalk and she is gettin mid to high forties.  I've to call back on the 18th 😞

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

What does the email confirming your new deal say about the expected broadband speed and what Infinity you will be on.

When was the new contract supposed to start as it seems strange to still have an active order as presumably you  would have wanted the cheaper price as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
leeannipants
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Just found this 😞 explains a lot but I still don't understand why I can't get BT sport in 4K when I have done for the past year. The problem only started once i had dropped my BT TV package.  I have actually ordered it again and it's due to be switched on tomorrow. I also don't know why my neighbours who have the same broadband package are getting faster speeds. I live in a row of 8 houses.  I'm in the middle.  So when I do the broadband checker on the BT website I check my neighbours to my left and they can get speeds of upto 74mb, the neighbours to my right, 74mb.  Yet I can only get speeds of up to 59mb....this is all infinity 2 speeds that are shown.  How can this be? screenshot.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

I think you need to wait until your active order is completed then try options team again

if you put your neighbours phone number in what estimate do you get?  same cab number?  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Flotta
Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution
I am the same mate. Neighbours all getting better speeds and we share same pole and the GPO street cover for cabling is to the left of.my driveway. Was on faster speed but its dropped and dropped. Prepare to step onto the merry go round of excuses and explanations whilst actually getting no where . Good luck.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution
They’ve not put you on to Sky Fibre have they. You’re on a 40/10 connection but BT don’t sell that anymore. It’s either 55/10 or 80/20.

Sky still do the 40/10 though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

@Starwire2000 wrote:
They’ve not put you on to Sky Fibre have they. You’re on a 40/10 connection but BT don’t sell that anymore. It’s either 55/10 or 80/20.

Sky still do the 40/10 though.

BT do still sell 40/10 and call it infinity 1 with 30gb limit. https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikej101
Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

One thing to point out here - watch your phone bill - BT have tried to charge me 3 times now for faults that were their fault ! Takes a hell of a long phone call to get them to refund the false charges.

0 Ratings
leeannipants
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks everyone.  BT TV has been reactivated.  Will phone them again tomorrow as I can't even watch a FB video that it's constantly buffering.  Honestly have never been so peeved(polite way of puting it) in my life.  Two weeks ago I was watching the footie in 4K, two kids on ipad's and xbox live and two phones using wifi constantly without so much as a glitch.  It's like they've slowed down my internet all because I cancelled my BT TV and went to SKY.  

0 Ratings