cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HJ74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

WHAT IS GOING ON ???

About 2 weeks i upgraded to be infinity option 2 because i was told i would get speeds of a 23.5Mb download speed and a estimated 5Mb upload speed.

Before i upgraded i was on BT total broadband option 3, Since the upgrade to infinity option 2 my speeds have not changed at all, If anything they are worse. I am still getting the same 19-20 Meg download speed and the very bad upload speed of 1.5 meg

This was about 2 weeks ago as i say, Since then i have made over 10 calls to BT about my speeds not been upgraded to option 2, Now i am pretty happy with my download speed even though its not been changed, But i really need a good upload speed. Now before i ordered i checked and i was also told by the person on the phone when i upgraded that i would get the 5Mb upload speed i needed. I also checked this online on the BT website before i ordered and it also said the same thing.

Also within this period of time, BT have sent 2 engineers to my property, and both of them have told me that it had not been upgraded to the Infinity option 2 service and was on the Infinity option 1. The first engineer said i needed to phone BT back and tell them what he said, so i did, Has anything changed with my speeds ? No.

Second engineer said the same thing, He also said to call BT and tell them to upgrade it, He said also it is a easy thing to do and should not be a problem. He also went on to say that he would email BT as well to let them know that it needed to be done, I am paying for the BT infinity option 2 as well, and it also lists that in my BT online account!

Also i am seeing people on the forum reporting speeds of 70Mb download and 19Mb upload, Which is very good for them of course, But what is going on ? I would be happy with the 5Mb i was meant to get when i ordered all this time ago......

Please get back to me with the final solution of this problem, I am sick and tried of the stress BT are causing me everyday, Please have some consideration for the customer here and actually do sometihng about it!

Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON ???

Hi HJ74 this forum is a peer forum so the people posting are customers like yourself. 

If I understand your message you were on Total Broadband 3 with Fibre and now want to change to Infinity Option 2 to get a higher upload speed (nothing is likely to happen to your download. Several people have reported problems doing this and you would probably be best to send a message to the forum mods who are a small BT team who are very good at sorting out issues but over worked. You can do this by filling in the form at this link https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951. Allow them at least three days.

HJ74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply,

Like i said i am not bothered about the download speed, But i need the upload speed of 5 meg like i was meant to get when i upgraded to infinity option 2 over 2 weeks ago, I have already used the link above and filled in the requested information and have not heard anything back.

Everything else is explained above.

Thanks

Jonny
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

If its any use i find two weeks appalling to do a simple 'change' that takes minutes top whack.

Its precisely these 'simple' tasks and non existent customer service why i am holding my MAC back. Decide tomorrow and cancel BT.