cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milena_g1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Waited 8 months for start of broadband service with no success

I have opened an order with BT for Broadband back on the 1st of June 2017. Today (6th Feb 2018 - more than 8 months later) I still do not have internet but wierdly enough I received my first landline bill. 

I have sat through more than 5 visits from Open reach to resolve a "cabling issue" in my building even though some of my neighbours have BT broadband for a year. I have raised a few complaints where I have been passed around different teams for hours at a time with no actual resolution (I am still waiting to be called back again when the relevant team checks why my connection was delayed again ... ). I was also promised compensation on one of my complains but the request for compensation is only possible once the service starts (which I am not sure will ever happen ... )

The last drop for me was today when I received a bill to pay landline which only got installed 4 days ago (so, 8 months delay for landline as well... ) and I am not even looking for a landline phone ... All I wanted was to be able to write this complaint using my home broadband instead of my mobile's 4G.

Has anyone else ever been able to get connected with BT within a year ??? 

I am mainly looking for advice how to cancel any contracts I have started, possibly withouth being charged as I havent been able to use any of the services yet but I cannot explain this to Live chat service representatives as they transfered me from Complaints team to Billing team to Orders team to Some other team and then it was 11pm and I was send in a queue for tomorrow ... 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Waited 8 months for start of broadband service with no success

I am surprised you have not cancelled long before now but it would be the same whichever ISP you select 

only people here who can help are the forum mods who are BT employees. They will post here to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 6

Hi @milena_g1,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry things have gone so badly with your order. I'll be able to help you with your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
milena_g1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have but since November every time I speak to someone from BT they assure me that this is an exceptional case and they have escalated and will call me back with the issue fixed...
0 Ratings
milena_g1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

you need to use 'FULL' version not mobile to see link

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings