cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Wall box

Hello!

Went with infinity in my new build property.

Bt got me up and running with a bthub. Then couple of months later an engineer fitted a large white wall box which I presume is the fibre side of things. Looks to be a modem and a battery backup with in the white enclosure. He told me to wait a week or 2 for a green light then call bt for instructions to connect the hub to it?

It's been a couple of months now.. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Do I need to call bt or can I just rewire it myself?

Thanks!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wall box

It sounds like the equipment is FTTP ( fibre to the premises ) , so it's strange that in a new build you have access to a copper line service if you currently have a phone/broadband service either ADSL or VDSL (FTTP)  if you were up and running a couple  of months before the FTTP equipment was installed

I would imagine if you want to use the the FTTP connection, you will have to arrange it , rather than expecting it to just to come into service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Openreach are over laying a lot of new(ish) Build Sites with FTTP.

Although it’s unusual they’ve put an ONT in without you ordering it first. Normally they just leave the Fibre Cable coiled up at the duct entry point for the Installer to do it????

I assume the guy who put the ONT in Activated it, if not then it’ll just continue to flash away until it is.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Contact the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings