Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshjemz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Wan Disconnection and Frequent DC issue

@DanielS back again!

I had a BT engineer here yesterday and he changed the fibre port in the cab and did line checks and everything seemed ok, my line speed even went back up to its normal speed!

That lasted most of the day until around 5pm when it started droping out again every half hour or so before stabilising again at around the 9pm mark and only disconnecting a few times between then and midnight, where my line speed had dropped again to around the 58Mb mark. I've gotten up this morning and checked the technical log, and the hub seems to be dropping out roughly once an hour every hour from 3am until current time (last dropped out about 15 minutes ago) so something still isn't right!

I've just done a quiet line test and there is crackle on the line and as soon as the test started, the internet dropped out again - however I will say that between checking when I first got up this morning, and this latest disconnect the data rate on my smart hub has changed from 59Mb to 75Mb, but it doesn't appear to be stable. Any suggestions? :smileysad:

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Hi @welshjemz,

I can see that @RobbieMac is dealing with your case. He is due to follow up with you later on today.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
welshjemz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Thanks @PaddyB, I couldn't remember if he was due to contact me back today!

I'm unavailable for about an hour from 1pmish, but my phone does have voicemail!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Thank @welshjemz I'll let @Robbie know.

Cheers

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
welshjemz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

@RobbieMac I had missed a call about an hour ago, unsure if it was you, but I am back home and available if it was 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Hi @welshjemz,

I'm happy to see that @RobbieMac got in touch with you and has arranged to follow up again next week.

Take care for now and enjoy your day.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”