cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Website possibly needs chaning on the "switch" page

Hi

I noticed on the switch page it says the following:

p6tHfS3Now, if you ordering FTTP this will not be the case? as an engineer has to enter your home and replace/or add your telephone line with an optical line- yes you may get the hub in the post, but it won't be Plug & Play, because I'm betting the engineer fetches the PON modem to be hooked up to the FTTP line in, then bridged to the smart hub?? (just like they did in the early days of VDSL)

so that page may need to be amended to include both VDSL and PON delivery and setups, just my opinion.

off-topic: from what I've read & been told, that it doesn't matter which package you choose (even 36/10) you will get an FTTP line installed, an engineer in the street working on a fibre pole told me this, and it even seems to imply that on their "deals" online - but seems odd to me that BTor would spend money on wages and hardware, just to put an FTTP line in for speeds your current copper infrastructure supports??  i will make a separate post about this

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Website possibly needs chaning on the "switch" page

Hi, @snadge welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  On the webpage you've highlighted, it also says 'Some homes might need an engineer installation. We’ll let you know when you order if that’s the case.' 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings