cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Weird loss of connectivity issue

Until my wife started working from home and using Zoom and MS Teams calls, I'd never noticed this problem, but it's now driving me nuts.

I have a Windows 10 PC connected via ethernet to an ethernet bridge which also has a printer hanging off, and then to the BT hub, and my wife uses a Win 10 laptop connected via Wifi. When she's on a Zoom call, often my PC loses connectivity completely. The weird thing is that other Wifi devices (like my Android phone) seem fine and have good connectivity. The PC thinks there's a connection most of the time this is happening - no warning of no connection, but none of the browsers can connect (although Google search suggestions often work when the browser can't connect to anything else, which is strange - are they cached locally?) I disconected the ethernet connection and plugged in a Wifi USB dongle to try to circumvent the problem  but have exactly the same issue. I've rebooted the PC and browsers  (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) - same issue.  Beginning to think I have problem with my TCP installation because neither Wifi nor ethernet work, even after a reboot. Any ideas of what to try? The problem goes away when the Zoom calls end, and I can't reboot the router without disrupting my wife's work. Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Ratings