cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Well done BT for breaking my Broadband

Congratulations on breaking what was a reliable router with your latest firmware update as now I have a very intermittent Wi-fi connection as the router decides the pass is incorrect for certain devices and most of my Ethernet connected devices  also  no longer connect to the hub either regardless of what I do, even if I manually set up the IP and gateway etc

Looks like I am going to have to purchase a new router & modem that you can’t destroy to get my network back up as a reset never helped so thanks for the extra expense and hassle too!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Well done BT for breaking my Broadband

Not that I ever use ISP routers nut have you tried a pinhole factory reset?

Remember to turn off smart setup.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off- 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Well done BT for breaking my Broadband

Thanks for the reply but no good. It’s really weird as my iPhone is connected to the Wi-fi and according to the router it’s also connected to Ethernet 3 which is good going for a wifi device, infact the few hardwired things that have managed to get to connect all say they are on Ethernet 3 but they are all plugged into different ports and switches yet the router says nothing is connected to any of the others!

Another thing is that the router keeps dropping the internet to my connected tv as it keeps flashing it’s red or green connection symbol every so often for no reason too and other boxes that manage to finally get a connection to the router are not given access to the internet either. 

It seems to me that this firmware has created far worse issues regarding devices talking to each other over the different connections than it’s supposed to have fixed !!

Anyway thanks again for the reply

0 Ratings