cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

What are the methods of getting the fibre cable to house

Go to solution

Hi after about 3 years got the notification that I can upgrade to full fibre.  How do they get the physical fibre cable to my house. What methods do they use for example it's coming from a overhead pole 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

But there Is a few tall walls blocking the way. E.g parked cars ect

Any info would be great as I'm hoping there isn't any problems

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: What are the methods of getting the fibre cable to house

Go to solution

Can you see or view the top of the pole from your property?

From the notes there's no lign of sight issues.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

yeah I can see the pole clear as day. Just more things at ground level blocking it if that makes sense? I can try and post a picture after work

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Do you have an existing copper cable going to your house already?

If so, it would be a cut and draw using your old copper cable to pull the new fibre cable to your property replacing the copper with fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yes still have the copper line. Thanks for the reply. Does it take much effort? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It doesn't.

Will be a case of the engineer putting the new fibre cable onto a dispenser at the pole end, taking the end of the cable up to the top of the pole, joining new cable onto the old copper that goes to your property then pulling it from your house end until the whole of the fibre cable reels off the dispenser replacing your copper line.

Easily a one man job within the space of an hour or so if no obstructions etc (possibly two man if there's any line of sight issues). 

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

The fibre drop cable will come from the connectorised block terminal at the top of the pole to your property. 

20220318_101035~3-min (1).jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Obviously overhead wires are at height , so things at ground level , cars , walls are not going to interfere with the cable once in place  , items on the ground may present irritations to the installation people while they are in the process of erecting   the new optical cable  in the first place , but this isn’t your concern and as stated the existing copper dropwire could  be used to ‘draw’  the new optical dropwire into place , the new one  following the old wires path exactly , if that’s what’s required …..they can even use aerial drones to ‘fly’ wires into place if the terrain is tricky, but that’s not going to be necessary in your case .

….your address states no anticipated issues , so will almost certainly will not present a problem to the installation person 

0 Ratings