cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: What are these?

Thanks for the reply. What would be needed for it supply the house? Is it a big job or just a case of attaching a bit of kit?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

The CBT won’t necessarily always be on the Pole nearest to your house and or the one your Copper DP is on, even if there is a Splitter and or Track Joint on it.

Are there any CBT’s on Poles close by, bear in mind Overhead Connectorised Fibre Cable comes in pre made lengths of 33m, 55m, 105m, 160m and 350m.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Thanks Starwire. 

So basically I am looking for a pole that has a CBT within 350m of the property? 

If there isn't one that close and let's say its 500m is there a way around it? Quite important as I will be too far away from FTTC as well and adsl only gives 1mb.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Why don't you just use the DSL checker link I gave you. Until WBC FTTP appears there you can't get it.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Because it is a new build and the results are inaccurate as the property has been split in 2.  Details are not on fully.  Neighbouring properties are older and show availability.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

It’d be very rare for it to be more than 120m away. 350 Cable was only made for when it was not possible for whatever reason to put a CBT within 120m of the property/ies it will supply service to.

Got to bear in mind that Fibre Joint might just be there to supply service for someone’s Private Ethernet Circuit and not WBC FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

I think I am getting somewhere with my problem i.e. why I seem to be out if scope.

The 2 pictures below show where the nodes are. The first one is 606m away.  The second pic shows it 354m away.  Every property has full fibre enabled except the 2 house down the lane.

So my new questions are as follows.

Do you agree this is what the issue is?

Secondly how on earth did Openreach moss such an obvious blunder in allowing 2 houses to slip through the net when all the poles are there already.

Thirdly based on the previous picture I submitted i.e. the one with the pole being 100m away, can it be revisited and put right I.e add the distribution point somewhere closer given that the fibre is already within touching distance.

I'm losing the will to live but could do with being able to get more than 1mb speed...

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

This is the pole out FTTP comes from............ 900Mb phone still on copper wire.

Pole_2_1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

I may be wrong but I reckon the box on the top is where your fibre is connected. That's the bit missing on my pole.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Yes, thats the CBT at the top.