cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

What does BT retail servers fault mean

Go to solution

Hi

Ive just looked on my fault tracker and it is saying there is a fault on the BT retail servers which is causing a broadband problem, which are my slow speeds that i posted about yesterday.

Anyone know what the bt retail servers are and what this means for me if they have detected a fault on there.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: What does BT retail servers fault mean

Go to solution

All ISP's will have their own servers so BT retail are probably having an issue with theirs. I've not noticed any issues so it's probably localised

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

When it states bt retail server, does it mean an actual fault with the server, or a fault with my profile when it was inputted when i ordered, i.e theyve accidently put me down as 500mb download when im paying for 900mb? or something else.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

As i have got a current problem since i had my ftth installed, im only getting between 360 and 420mb down currently on a 900mb plan.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If it's showing as a BT retail server fault, it's more than likely as it says and it's probably affecting contention ratios leading to a temporary reduction in capacity and therefore speed. They probably know what's at fault and will be swapping the server out. 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, that makes sense to me now.

0 Ratings