cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

What is this setup?

I finally found the point which the router is connected to. The purple cable is CCS CAT6 and I'm assuming the white box is a 'slave'? Extension? Could poor wiring here be a cause for poor upload speeds but perfectly fine download speeds?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: What is this setup?

SmartSelect_20200926-201056_Gallery.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Uncertain if that is a slave without seeing inside the socket. Where does the cabke go back to? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I honestly have no idea, the purple cable goes up behind a wall, though I assume it's going to the master?

I had taken the front panel off (2 screws) to try and test the test socket though that actually worsened my results to 60 down 0.1 up.

I will take a picture of the inside and post when I can.

Many thanks for your help, also I hope you put jam first like the proper way 😉

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

SmartSelect_20200927-111134_Gallery.jpg

 what do we make of this, my untrained eye says that it is a slave / extension. Also the wiring job seems a bit 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

That's an extention, nothing wrong with the wiring job.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Okay that's great to hear, any ideas as to why my uploads are so slow in comparison? 

f1ame_0-1601203304568.pngf1ame_1-1601203323320.png

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

That is your master socket, as you say it has a test socket. hopefully there is not another socket prior to this one. That cable could go back to a utility cupboard somewhere.

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

So is it an extension or the master socket (sorry!) It does have a test socket however the two times I used the test socket I got speed test results of 65down 0.1up (upload was abysmal on test).

many thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

That type of socket is a linebox, it is a master socket however unless you can find the other end of the purple there could be another linebox/master prior to this one.

0 Ratings