cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

What is this?

Go to solution

What are these empty cassette like boxes that have been installed on our local telegraph poles?  Any ideas?

20230710_154706.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: What is this?

Go to solution
CBT stand off brackets , if space at the top is limited, and several CBT need to be mounted , then a bracket is fitted to the pole and the CBTs fitted to the bracket, rather directly to the pole itself
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

A CBT being a Connectorised Block Terminal.

I.e where the fibre optic cable to your house for FTTP is connected to.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I think you may have got the wrong box (maybe not) i am asking about the one with daylight through it.  The outreach engineer would only say it wasn't their equipment  Also the pic seems to have disappeared.20230710_154706.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@MaturecheeseI assume you mean Openreach. It may not be their equipmen, that doesn't mean the answer isn't correct (it is). There are more companies than Openreach installing FPPT in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

The CSP standoff already has one CBT attached, you can see the optical fibre tail going into it ( it’s got a white identifying label with yellow tape on it ) , the stand-off has space for other CSPs to be fitted should it be needed , as stated there are many Alt Nets as well as Openreach that are allowed to place equipment on Openreach ( not Outreach ) poles , if every block ( copper and fibre ) were attached directly to the pole , space would be quickly used up , leaving no space available for others to use