cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: What's Happening??

Go to solution
fast path is not an option on infinity as the DLM will select either fast or interleaved according to line stability unlike ADSL ISP's have no control over any settings all control is in Openreach's hands and they will not make that sort of change
0 Ratings
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
fast path is not an option on infinity as the DLM will select either fast or interleaved according to line stability unlike ADSL ISP's have no control over any settings all control is in Openreach's hands and they will not make that sort of change

Wrong and right....

What's slow about FTTC........DLM Smiley Sad
0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
gg30340... You're entitled to ask questions but I would suggest you think about how they sound. A simple... "Not sure why you would want to know that as I'm not sure what it is" would go down a lot better than "why". You get me?

Anyway.. Just curious as my ping times seem to have increased from about 12ms to about 30ms but I understand a lot of factors could be involved here.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@CuReLeSsVeNoM wrote:
gg30340... You're entitled to ask questions but I would suggest you think about how they sound. A simple... "Not sure why you would want to know that as I'm not sure what it is" would go down a lot better than "why". You get me?

Anyway.. Just curious as my ping times seem to have increased from about 12ms to about 30ms but I understand a lot of factors could be involved here.

I think a one word "Why" is a lot more simple than a 16 word sentence so no I don't get you and perhaps you should think about how you reply to simple questions, it would go down alot better than making wrong assumptions about people having a dig at you or lecturing people how to ask questions, get me?

0 Ratings
CuReLeSsVeNoM
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution
And yet you carry on. My point exactly. This is getting off topic. Clearly you find being abrupt more useful than polite.

Anyways moving back on topic. Thanks for the answers regarding my questions .
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Pot - Kettle

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Ok guys. Keep it friendly. As the saying goes 'if you find yourself in a hole, quit diggin!' Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
maxima
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

@gg30340

answering a question with a question is impolite.

however this seems to be forgotten by the new generation of [snipped by politcorrectness auto-bot]..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

@maxima wrote:

@@gg30340

answering a question with a question is impolite.

however this seems to be forgotten by the new generation of [snipped by politcorrectness auto-bot]..

resurrecting a two month old thread to say that Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings