cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

What's happened to my upload speed?!

Go to solution

Hi folks,

I'm currently on the 80/20 package (whatever it's called, this week) and have noticed that my upload speed has dropped drastically.

Below are the results from the wholesale tester, as well as the BT speed tester.

Both tests were performed over CAT5-E, not wifi and no other devices were live on the network.

Broadband Checker.pngScreenshot_2020-10-19 BTW Performance Tester(1).png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: What's happened to my upload speed?!

Go to solution

@Rottie 

You need to check your connection speeds on the home hub, to see if they have dropped.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements. Noise will affect your download speed, but does not always affect your connection speed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe, firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply. 🙂

I don't use a BT HomeHub; I use a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router, connected to the white OR modem, but I have a ?HH v5 somewhere in the shed, so I'll have a dig, when I can get the chance.

The phone line hasn't been used for calls for ages, so I don't have a handset connected, but again, I'll see if there's one in the shed and check the line, although the line's only been installed about 3 years (had all the cables replaced by OR/BT), so, in theory, that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again,

Rottie.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

don't bother with hub if you can get the connection stats of the modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Can you post instructions, or a link to a YT vid, please?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just an update to say I've resolved the issue - It was a backup file that had some weird QoS settings limiting my upload.