cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

What to do if speeds are not as per guarantee?

We have had the Superfast Fibre Halo 1 for some months now .. the speed promise says 

Normal available speeds
Your normal available download speed will be between 62-73 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be between 17-18 Mbps

Minimum guaranteed download speed
Your minimum guaranteed download speed will be 57 Mbps

We are lucky if we hit anywhere near that.. We raised the issue not long after it was first installed.. an engineer came.. said he had to escalate the problem as he couldn't see why it was not faster and thought there was "something at the exchange" that needed to be looked at but we have never heard anything back at all.. and this was way back in July last year.

We've kind of grown used to the slower speeds but tonight it has gotten stupid.. trying to stream NOW TV and all it is is fuzz.. the internet speed when checked was 20Mbps to start.. it managed to hit 34Mbps but this is way off the expected and promised speeds.

It said it can be improved and offers me an engineer but now I am concerned in case I will be charged for this??

Also should we be paying full price when we have not had what was expected and promised??

Any advice would be great. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: What to do if speeds are not as per guarantee?c

Post your hub stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

enter phone number and post results.   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: What to do if speeds are not as per guarantee?

Hiya,

I am in an almost identical situation to yourself.  I had my Superfast Fibre 2 which says an average of 67MBps.  Like you and Engineer came out to discover I was getting 35MBps.  He said that he would get BT to send another engineer to check it but, instead, I get a text that says I am satisfied with my speed as it's 56MBps.

Done this evening on BT's own speedchecker.

Oh, and their diagnostic tool lies.  Let me explain.  Runs through a myriad of checks and tells you to unplug the faceplate (which I did) and connect the hub directly into the master socket inside, which I did.

It then says that everything is fine and I should pay for and engineer at £129 as it must be my equipment.

So, I run the test again, this time leaving my router connected into the master socket.  It then shows my speed below and tells me to connect to the master socket (which it already is).  THEN it tells me that the Master Socket is fine and it has to be my equipment.  So, to my mind, it's twoddle.  Their Diagnostic tool is rubbish.

20200206_203736.jpg

0 Ratings