cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nath17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

What website did I get this speed check from?

Go to solution

Hello All,

Recently I used a website that predicted what speed my line was capable of supporting, by entering my phone number. The result looked like this:

line.png

I can't for the life of me remember what website I got it off. I know BT Wholesale checker can give you this information, but I really want to find the results from this website I used to compare something.

Does anyone have any ideas what website gives you this information? I've trawled through my history to no avail.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: What website did I get this speed check from?

Go to solution

Whichever website it was would be using exactly the same database.

What is it you are trying to compare?

0 Ratings
Nath17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Basically just what my line is capable of supporting. This test was taken before infinity came to my area, and I want to see what my new line is capable of supporting.

I know I could probably use the BT Wholesale checker to get the same information, but I'm really keen to use the same website I used when I obtained that result, so I can compare what my new line is like.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

You are trying to compare apples with oranges. ADSL (normal) and VDSL (fibre) are two different technologies and are delivered in a different way so can not be compared.

0 Ratings
ojobson
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Anything can be compared. You just need to decide which measure you're going to judge it by and bear in mind any other variables.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Yes you can compare anything but the results can be meaningless!

0 Ratings
Nath17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I appreciate that comparing them is pretty meaningless, I am simply interested in understanding what speed my new fibre line will be capable of supporting.

Does anyone recognise what site that result might have come from? It's purely for personal interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

You will get the BT estimate, which is the only one BT will say is valid, from this site.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

You will get the BT estimate, which is the only one BT will say is valid, from this site.

It also uses the same database as whichever site the OP visited but can't remember. Why they are being so pedantic about using the same site they can't even remember is beyond me. The result would be exactly the same as there is no other database to use.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

It also uses the same database as whichever site the OP visited but can't remember. Why they are being so pedantic about using the same site they can't even remember is beyond me. The result would be exactly the same as there is no other database to use.

Especially when you can not compare ADSL with VDSL. As you know, all it will show is the estimated speed range that it is thought the line will be able to deliver.

I suppose the OP will be able to see if VDSL estimate is faster than his ADSL estimate, which unless he is some distance from the cabinet, should be faster.

0 Ratings