Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sarfraz909
Message 1 of 15

When can I get fibre?

Go to solution

Hi,

http://imgur.com/AHPZmFR

On one website it says "In Scope" and there are many steps still to go, whereas on the other it says WBC FTTC 31-Mar-2017 alongside a date range Apr-16 to Mar-17.

Can someone give me a realistic estimate of the earliest month and the year in which I (as a normal customer/end-user, not a wholesale company) can say to the others: "I am using fibre broadband at my home"?

Thanks,
Sarfraz.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: When can I get fibre?

Go to solution

Enter your phone number HERE and post the result.

0 Ratings
sarfraz909
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I have already attached the results in my first post. Here they are again: http://imgur.com/AHPZmFR

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

So you did, sorry about that.

Providing all the work goes smoothly then is should be before March 17 (placeholder date). However if the is a problem with collapsed ducts, power supply etc then it may be delayed.

In other words "How long is a piece of string".

0 Ratings
sarfraz909
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Openreach website has not moved forward from "In Scope" to one single step forward. I have been checking it for at least last 8 months already. How can we expect all the remaining ones to complete in the next 4 months.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Once work starts the process can be quite quick.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
My parents cabinet was installed and accepting orders within about 3 weeks. Sometimes it doesn't take long at all once they start.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
sarfraz909
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

When you say "should be before March 17", does it mean that I'll be able to order it by many be February to actually get it in March? Or is it that the wholesalers (I assume Sky, TalkTalk, plusnet, etc) will buy connections in March 17 to sell later in the following months? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Openreach expect it to be accepting orders by the end of the March. It's not a guarantee.

It could be before or after this date.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
sarfraz909
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

So, basically there is no certainty about anything and I should just stick to March-17 which is what I assumed in my first post based upon the availability check results from btwholesale website and see what happens then.

Let's just continue to wait....

0 Ratings