Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chopperbk
Message 1 of 12

When can i get Fibre Broadband?

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm looking to find some more information on when i could be able to get fibre broadband. About a year ago i moved into a newly built property and it turns out the city of portsmouth has connection slower than some of the sticks in Devon. Initially i was given a year as they were updating the area, checking on the Openreach website there seems to be some movement as fibre is now available in my area but demand is high on the cabinet. Is there any way to get a more narrowed projection of when it will be available? I have tried to call BT who directed me to Openreach and after waiting 20 minutes i gave up. My package is due to end shortly and would like a good idea before commiting to anythinng else.

Many thanks,

Joe

Exchange name: Portsmouth Central 
Exchange status: Fibre enabled 
Cabinet number: 85 
Technology: FTTC

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: When can i get Fibre Broadband?

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave rest  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Can you post your postcode?

0 Ratings
chopperbk
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

Sure - PO3 6FS

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

It looks like FTTC is already available at the cabinet. Does the checker linked to above show a waiters list?

2018-06-11 19_07_28-CodeLook.png

0 Ratings
chopperbk
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)8076.2201969.5Waiting listWaiting list-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8073.1201964.8Waiting listWaiting list-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date25-05-2018      

0 Ratings
chopperbk
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Apologies, hope that makes sense
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

That shows fibre is available to you but the cabinet is full and there is a waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chopperbk
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Ah ok, so would that be a waiting list to take orders or to get my place plugged in?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

A waiting list for a fibre connection either by someone giving up their connection possibly moving or openreach upgrading cabinet allowing more connections. Was there anything in the notes below the dslchecker results

0 Ratings