cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

When is FTTP coming to Wishaw?..

Go to solution

Hey all.

As the title states I'm only on FTTC and can only get 65mb down..Yes it's great for browsing and streaming but it's rubbish on the gaming side of things which is what I use it for the most!

When I try to dl a game it will take forever to dl and when I do, do that I can't stream or do anything else..

When I play games online it does work smoothly for the most part but it can get laggy here and there and its not a great experience.

I was wondering if anyone from BT could let me know when FTTP will start to roll out in my area or at least for now when I can get the 100mb package w/ the halo benefit I have.

Kind regards

Colin

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: When is FTTP coming to Wishaw?..

Go to solution

@colinreidcr 

Only Openreach would be able to tell you that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I can see it’s Planned but it could be anytime in the next 4 years.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

4 years..are you kidding?! urgh LOL 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

At least it is Planned. Where I live they’re building FTTP or it’s in Planning Phase for all the Exchanges that surround mine but not mine itself so it’ll probably be the end of the decade before I might get it.

To make matters worse I’m on an antiquated ECI DSLAM and despite being only about 300m from the cab on all 0.5 Copper the max Sync Rate I can get is 56/19.

There is VM available buts it’s Coax and is heavily over subscribed. I’ve seen inside the pillar round the corner from my house and they’ve got Splitters on Splitters on Splitters!

CityFibre have announced they’re coming to my area so I might just ditch BT for them when it’s available.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

well thats true. At least you can get VM as I cant or even City Fibre yet.. Used to be with VM for years before I moved, I miss those speeds..lol

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

VM Coax DSL is all very well if you you get Broadband purely to run Speed Tests but that doesn’t mean anything if their Backhaul Network can’t handle them. It’s like putting a Ferrari Engine in a Vivaro and then expecting it to handle the same speeds as the Ferrari.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

CityFibre is not an ISP - you would have to change to a new provider.  Here in Edinburgh that would mean Vodafone, the only ISP signed up to CityFibre.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Yeah, they’ve got some kind of exclusivity deal with them but that’s due to expire soon.

0 Ratings