Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nigelangel1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

When is Infinity not Infinity!

I've had BT Infinity for about 18 months now, and with the last increase in speed I'm now getting downloads of around 75meg. My problem is that although I'm getting consistently high download speeds, confirmed by the BT Speed tester, and other speed test sites, I'm finding that live TV using the BBC iPlayer, or ITV Player, etc, always seems to freeze several times during a show, while buffering. I have to add that music and movie downloads always zoom along at speeds in excess of 3meg. 

So, who's to blame?  Is BT guilty of promising more than it can handle, or do the various TV companies need to upgrade their servers to accomodate the upsurge in demand for online live TV?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
dfenceman
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: When is Infinity not Infinity!

I think this belongs on the Infinity forum

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 9

A lot of people have problems with iPlayer, personally the majority it's fine but sometimes it does buff a lot for no apparent reason.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 9

i watched watchdog earlier today about the bt vision problem
perfect playing with no freezing on my pc
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

You should include your computer in that list of things to blame. If its below spec it might be causing the buffering issues.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 9

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

You should include your computer in that list of things to blame. If its below spec it might be causing the buffering issues.

My computer is no where near below spec 🙂

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Millymollym
Message 7 of 9

When it's wireless?

I have just subscribed to BT fibre optic wireless infinity. I have a N rated wireless adapter built in to my brand new Lenovo PC but am still getting very poor wireless download speeds (between 1.2mbs and 15mbs depending on time of day and where the PC is in relation to the Hub. Lines, boxes etc have all been tested, replaced etc by BT engineers and are getting 39.9mbs speed.

My son's Lenovo laptop can connect wirelessly with a 39.9mbs speed.

Can anyone advise?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 9

what is the connection speed of your laptop reported by the wireless network status?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 9

This may be your issue:

For some reason Chrome has been misbehaving on iPlayer for many people (Infinity or other provider) including for me.  Symptoms include: poor streaming and inability to recognize iPlayer desktop for download.

Solution include (either of):

• use another browser,
  • in chrome://plugins/, choose details (top right) and disable pepflashplayer.dll
0 Ratings