cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

When is my activation complete??

My activation date is today but still no sign of my broadband working 😞 flashing purple light on my smarthub surely the garbage about waiting till midnight is nonsense? Ive turned the smarthub off/on and tried different phone sockets including master socket as well as different filters. Wouldn't the service of been activated when the engineer was at the exchange/cabinet? I work from home and got 2 kids and had no 3g/4g data for the last week so if this isn't activated today I won't be pleased !!!
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: When is my activation complete??

Is your phone line working, can you get dial tone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Yup got a dial tone
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@c4rm0 wrote:
Yup got a dial tone

Assuming its the correct phone number, it quite possible that remote activation may not occur until later, as these tasks are robotically controlled, and your turn may not have come yet.

I would normally expect  the Openreach technician to have checked at the cabinet with a tester, but that process may have changed now.

Its also possible that they ran out of time, and it will be done tomorrow. You should receive a text message when activation is complete, and it will show as completed on MyBT.

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks hopefully activates soon but I don't hold out much hope at this time of night ....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

It could easily update when system updates at midnight

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

So it shows as activated on the mybt page but it's still not working still getting a flashing pink light even rebooted multiple times .... this is a joke
0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

So just spoken to the BT new connections team they said the openreach engineer did attend the cabinet yesterday but had issues activating the ports ? ( When the BT engineer fitted my phone line he said there was loads of ports free) the fault has been escalted to a higher level engineer but the next update is on Saturday which is completley unacceptable !!!!!!! i work from home and had no inet in my new build for nearly 3-4 week nows and get no 3g or 4g as its in the sticks. Is there anyone in these forums who who work for BT/Openreach and get this resolved quicker? its not acceptable and the way i am feeling i will just cancel the order
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Unless you have access to a cable provider, then cancelling will not help, as all the other providers use Openreach, so the issue with ports will be the same, and you may lose your allocated port if the cabinet is full. All the providers use the same cabinet, and its possible there is a fault on the cabinet which is causing the problem, especially if its a new build area. There will be other customers affected as well.

I assume if you work from home, you are not running a business, as that is not allowed on a residential connection?

0 Ratings
c4rm0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

The BT engineer who came to fit my new phone line said there was loads of free ports available its a small village so unlikely ports will fill up. I am a IT consultant and virtual which means i work from home i have had to travel 12 miles to a inet cafe for the last 3 weeks as my 3g/4g data allowance is up and the signal is awful in this village. Because its a new build i couldnt initially order fibre as i didnt have a phone line even tho i knew the exchange was fibre enabled and houses on same street connected to same caninet had fibre. So i have to wait for a BT phone line to be put in > wait for BT wholesale to update there DB once my line was activated > finally order fibre and get activation date but now this !!!! nearly 4 weeks without internet is a joke. I was with a cable provider/Virgin for years and had no issues
0 Ratings