cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
STBJ
Message 1 of 5

When will my BT Cabinet be upgraded to fibre?

Sorry for opening another thread on this issue!

However I was wondering if someone could please help me in particular with regards to interpreting the information from the ADSL checkers page.

So according to the "Where & When" page, my area is showing up as a Fiber "Enabler Area" for the last 2 months or so. However, I'm still waiting for my local cabinet to be upgraded.

I had a look at the ADSL checker (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput) and this is what I have available at my cabinet:

WBC ADSL 2+
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M
ADSL Max
WBC Fixed Rate
Fixed Rate

Apart from that under "other offerings", Copper Multicast is also available and that's pretty much it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but none of this really seems to suggest when my cabinet will be upgraded to fibre will it? What information am I looking for when it comes to trying to figure out roughly when the cabinet will be upgraded?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer!

PS. I did have a browse through the forum to see if I can find anything to answer my query - however, this is my first time here so if you think I have missed anything please feel free to point me in the right direction - Thanks!
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: When will my BT Cabinet be upgraded to fibre?

that does not show any FTTC suggesting your cabinet is not in the current rollout plans  there was a cabinet number shown when you rn the checker - or was there no cab no or EO

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
STBJ
Message 3 of 5

Hi imjolly

Thanks for your response. Yup that's what I was afraid of.

According to the checker I believe I am on the Kinghorn exchange - cabinet 5.
0 Ratings
BT Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @STBJ

Your cab 5 on the KINGHORN is indeed planned to be installed and linked with a FTTC DSLAM cab under the Digital Scotland BDUK programme.

You are best to check with Digital Scotland to see at what stage in the deployment process the cab is at via http://www.digitalscotland.org/enquiry-form/

0 Ratings
STBJ
Message 5 of 5

Hi James-C

Thanks a lot for getting in touch - that's great!

I'll get touch with Digital Scotland to see if they can give me more info regarding time scales on when I can expect the upgrade 🙂

Thanks!
0 Ratings