cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 60

Re: When will my cabinet get the infinity upgrade?

@leaky5 wrote:

Do all cabinet get upgraded or are sometimes 2 or more old ones replaced by a new one in a different position ?

The one I assume is my local one, still only has the old cabinet. But about 1/2 a mile closer to the exchange, there is a new FTTC cabinet, but it is on the opposite side of the road to the old cabinet there.

No, not all cabinets are upgraded, and the Fibre cabinet does not have to be next door to the old cabinet, some are 50 to 100 ft away . The nearer the better, less digging.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gazmospazmo
Message 22 of 60

Hi, I've just seen my exchange will be part of the 9b roll out, I think my cabinet is number 49 could you tell me if this will be upgraded, post code is CH661TX Thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
GarethWilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 60

it drives me nuts my exchange is apparently gonna be upgraded september this year, which is roughly 1 mile and a half away, and apparently my green box isnt gonna be upgraded which is 500 metre's away may be less, screaming out for a decent speed i am, rant over i guess

0 Ratings
leaky5
Contributor
Message 24 of 60

Is there a way to find out if or when my local cabinet is due to be upgraded, the exchange is now apparently live. The exchange is Laindon and I am in SS15 6GS.

0 Ratings
leaky5
Contributor
Message 25 of 60

Just had a live chat with someone at BT and they have said the exchange and cabinet are ready and I can place an order from the 10th April. Roll on next Tuesday, I will update the thread then.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 60

Happy days 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
leaky5
Contributor
Message 27 of 60

I am now been told by BT that they still can't tell me when it will be done, this was after been told last week that I would be able to order from today. The website still shows it as the 31/3.

0 Ratings
imi
Beginner
Message 28 of 60

In the same situation as you.

Could someone from BT please check what the state of BT inifinity is for the following postcodes:

E142DJ - believe we are off the POPLAR exchange

AND

TW74FD (this is a brand new build) - believe the local exchange is ISLEWORTH

Both exchanges are now showing as infinity enabled and "accepting orders"

many thanks

imi

0 Ratings
leaky5
Contributor
Message 29 of 60

What is frustrating me most (and I am sure lots of others) is the inconsistency of information from BT. The website with the flags on, shows Laindon as being accepting orders. But I have tried approx. 10 addresses all around the area and none are showing ready for Infinity and BT told me yesterday that the exchange is not yet ready. Where as last week i was told the exchange and cabinet are ready.

0 Ratings
imi
Beginner
Message 30 of 60

Any possibility of getting a reply from the team?
0 Ratings